Friday, September 24, 2010

America's Next Top... Celebrity Appearance Guru??


As I posted last week, I met the wonderful Tim Gunn. Well this week, I met the equally wonderful, Nigel Barker! Is he as tall and handsome in person? yes. Is his british accent as/if not more charming in real life? Double yes. 


Wednesday is usually my day off from the Mall of America, but a friend from work, we'll call her, Lo, texted me and said that Nigel was going to be at the mall for a book signing. Of course I couldn't pass that up! So, I changed into something more presentable than my college sweatpants and mulan bun and drove off into the rain. My sister, really loves Nigel, and would probably have his babies if she could. But anyway, I proceeded to buy two books for signing and met up with two work friends, Lo & Barber, and a new friend Claire. We were waiting for a little bit, mostly observing the fashion around us. Unfortunately some people thought it was okay to wear things like this to meet a FASHION photographer....




Fortunately, I also saw a few things I did appreciate!

a simple essential Gucci leather bag
simple adorable flats
._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._








His new book, Nigel Barker's Beauty Equation, is a great collection of his photographic work and wise words on how to bring out our inner beauty so that it shows on the outside. Completely appropriate! I have yet to finish the book, but so far so good! And a lot of former ANTM contestants and winner!







Nigel did do some speaking and Q & A's. 


Here, Nigel talks about what beauty is:

Here, he talks about the things that inspired his book and all of it's chapters:
(he also mentions that you don't have to be 6 feet tall and thin...good thing, cause I am most definitely not!)

And here's a clip of us doing our uber short cameo:








 Once it was our turn, I met Nigel in all his glory, and he was indeed warm and welcoming. He gladly signed both books after a brief conversation. Those cheek bones...  :]  before we walked off, a woman who worked for Nigel and beautyequation.com. She asked us if we wanted to do a small cameo for the website! So exciting! Although our lines were very minor and very short it was still fun to do! Hopefully it will be posted soon, I'll keep you all updated!



Until the next celebrity sighting, Walk in someone's Choos...

No comments:

Post a Comment

spill your guts!