Monday, August 15, 2011

Macy's Glamorama 2011

It's that time of year!
Macy's Glamorama took place in Minneapolis, at the Orpheum Theater, on August 5th.
Every year I want to go so bad, but something always comes up. Tickets are sold out, work schedule ect.
But this year, a dear friend of mine took the liberty of buying the tickets for me, which forced me to make time. And I most definitely do not regret it.

The night was full of fashion, glamour, generous spirits & fabulous free swag. Unfortunately, this year we did not get to attend the after party...poor college student budget...so the best swag all night were the Luna bars and creepy downtown hobos staring. But it was all for a good cause!

Ticket proceeds went to the Children's Cancer Research Fund. The main event included a grand fashion show featuring the following designers:
  • Sonia Rykiel Collection
  • Jean Paul Gaultier Collection
  • Armani Jeans
  • Bar III
  • Karl Lagerfeld for Impulse
  • Tracy Reese
  • Marc Jacobs Collection
  • Papi
(one of my favorites of the night) 

and the nights entertainment also included Bruno Mars & Far East Movement!



My friend and I had a blast at the event and almost more fun getting ready for it! I wore a tulle mini dress by BCBG Max Azria and my friend debut one of my own designs. Did I see another girl wearing the same dress as me...? Yes. Was she under accessorized...? Yes. Normally I would be a little boiled if I knew that there was a chance I may end up "who wore it best?", but tonight it was about the kids. Fashion for a cause.

Can't wait for next year's Glamorama, hopefully by then we can afford better seats and after party access... ya hear that my unnamed employer..? ;)

You can help the cause too! Visit the donation sight for the Children's Cancer Research Fund here, and donate today!

Until next time, walk in someone else's Choos...
xoxo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

spill your guts!